Monday, September 8, 2008

Genealogy

First off, let me tell you that I am finding this blogging thing a little difficult to get started. My daughter keeps encouraging me, so I will try to keep at it.
About a month ago, I purchased a family tree book. When Jessica came to visit yesterday, I showed it to her and we started chatting about how we need to work on that this winter. There are pages for me to write down family stories that I might remember being told and pages for her Dad to do the same. I hope that he will do that because I think it is important that the children know their family histories. I suddenly remembered that my Grandmother's great-nephew (I think), published 3 books on his family genealogy. What a project that must have been for him. We started searching through those books...what fun! He had snippets from everywhere. Interviews, birth and death certificates, obituraries, pictures. My thought process started going wild. I need to get in touch with him and see what is going on in that side of my family. His name is Ronald Roberts and lives in South Lake Tahoe. Jessica is wonderful at finding people on the internet, so she is going to investigate this, but if anyone out there has some ideas for me to find Ronald Roberts, please let me know.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

WAY TO GO MOM! I will let you know what I find on him and maybe Dave will find out more things while he's reading those books.

Sassytimes said...

I will ask my grandma. She is really big into Geneology and has traced our family history back to the Mayflower! It's really amazing. I'll let you know what she finds.

Jessica said...

All the way back to the Mayflower - that is incredible!

Robin Walton said...

Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Jessica said...

We need to start this project before the warm weather re-appears (if ever). Maybe after bowling next week?! Or Sunday?!